Note: The deadline to submit is October 25th, 2019. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase (PSIS) is a competition open to all independent (self-published) tabletop games. Taking submissions until Friday, October 25th, we'll be evaluating each title based on gameplay mechanics, accessibility, playability, innovation, production design, and fun factor.
What Happens If You Make It Into The PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase
- Announcement on the PAX South site as being selected for the PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase.
- Four Exhibitor Hall Badges for PAX South 2020, giving you access to everything exhibitors receive.
- A space in the PAX South Expo Hall for you and your team to demo your game to thousands of gamers, media, and industry-folk. This space will include a 6' x 30" table, chairs, and one sign/banner.
- The option to submit your title into the PAX Tabletop Library to make your title available to PAX South 2020 attendees for checking out.
Eligibility For The PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase:
- Your game must be a tabletop game, defined for this purpose as “a game that utilizes physical components, is played on a table and requires no electricity.”
- Your game must not be a traditional RPG, as due to the never-ending nature of those games, it is virtually impossible for us to properly evaluate such titles.
- Your game must be developed by you (and/or your team) and you must not have an existing publisher agreement in place with any outside company.
- Any funding you receive or have received must preserve your full ownership of the game and IP. (Kickstarter = good, most publisher agreements = bad).
- All games must be in playable form. Beta/prototype components and placeholder art are fine, but the game must be functionally complete and fully playable.
- Your company and/or development team must not be comprised of more than 15 participants.
SUBMITTING YOUR GAME FOR CONSIDERATION
In order to have our judges consider your game to be in the PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase, you must purchase this $50 entrance fee and fill out the detail form found here, including game description, unique elements, details on your development team, and a video recapping your title.
Keep in mind we are specifically looking for fun factor and a great gameplay experience. Yes, art and production value are a part of that experience, but we aren't offering individual awards for any specific category.
Those selected to be in the PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase will be notified via email by December 6th, 2019.
By submitting your game for consideration as an individual or company, you must agree to the following rules and regulations.
A. Keep in mind the PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase was created for independent games, so if it is discovered you do not meet the requirements you will be automatically disqualified and we will totally be keeping your $50.
B. What you submit as far as intellectual property and/or copyright must be owned by you or the company you are submitting for. By submitting the game you're not infringing on any other intellectual property owners.
C. If you are submitting for a company, you must be authorized to do so. No going to the team come showtime and yelling surprise!
D. You understand the decisions made by the judges are final. No whining. No complaining. No crying. No appeals. No calling in favors.
E. You agree that it's okay for PAX and PAX organizers to use pictures, videos, your names, descriptions, and other assets from your submitted game for marketing purposes.
F. You agree to hold PAX and PAX organizers harmless from any damages or expenses of any kind which arise or are somehow connected with PAX or the PSIS.
G. PAX and PAX organizers can cancel or revoke your submission or PSIS status at any time for any reason whatsoever. Although we are not cruel and unreasonable people, we have to say this so developer X doesn't go sue-crazy on us if we pull their game after they are caught beating up old ladies the week before PAX.
H. If chosen to be in the PSIS, you or a representative must be able to demo the game live at PAX South 2020, January 17th through the 19th, in San Antonio, TX during all open expo hall hours. Four complimentary exhibitor passes will be given to each game team, however, flight and accommodations will not be provided.
Once you receive your Order Confirmation, please fill out the detail form found here. If this detail form is not completed by Midnight (PST) on the evening of October 25th, you will be disqualified. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Thanks!
PAX South Tabletop Indie Showcase, 2020 Game Submission